IISER admission process for 2018 is yet to start. Visit here for updated information.
To promote high-quality science education, research, and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Tirupati.
For more information on IISERs, please visit http://www.iisersystem.ac.in/
BS-MS Degree Programme
It is a five year degree program for bright and motivated science students who have passed (10+2) level. The program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The formative (first/second) years of the program consist of core courses in basic sciences, the subsequent years are dedicated to specialization in chosen science subjects and the final year includes a research project. The training during the program enables students to pursue a career in academia, R&D institutes, and science-based industries.
Application portal for admission to all IISERs for the academic year 2018 will open in May 2018.
KVPY scholars admitted to IISERs would draw fellowship as per KVPY norms. In addition, a limited number of INSPIRE scholarships will be available for candidates admitted through JEE Advanced and SCB channel as applicable as per the norms prescribed by DST INSPIRE scheme. This supersedes all earlier announcements regarding scholarship.
- Highly competent and motivated faculty in various disciplines with a passion for science
- Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting edge research across disciplines
- Upcoming eco-friendly green campuses with appropriate infrastructure
- Library with online resources, books, and research journals
- State of the art teaching and research facilities
- Sports and recreational facilities
- Hostel facility for all students