- Entire counselling process will be conducted online. There is no need for the candidates to visit any IISER in-person during the counselling process.
- Candidates can check if they received admission offers by logging into their application portal.
- Admission offers to any candidate will be given strictly based on the following factors:
- seat availability at each IISER in the current allocation round,
- IAT rank obtained by the candidate OR JEE/KVPY rank (as applicable),
- IISER preferences given by the candidate, and
- the category to which the candidate belongs.
- If a candidate receives an admission offer, he/she can either choose to accept the seat OR reject it. If candidate rejects the offered seat or if no action is taken by the candidate before the deadline, then candidate will not be able to participate in further rounds of counselling.
If a candidate receives an offer, then to To “Accept & Float” or to “Accept & Freeze”, the student must pay a seat acceptance fee through online mode before the prescribed deadline. If the seat acceptance fee is not paid, the candidate will not be considered for admission in subsequent allocation rounds.
Seat Acceptance Fee (SAF) is to be paid only after an offer of admission has been made to the candidate. The SAF will have to be paid as per the category entered by the candidate in the application.
Rs. 35,000/- (Rs.25,000/- + Rs. 10,000/- (Non refundable administrative fee)) for General/EWS/OBC-NCL/PwD/KM categories
Rs.17,500/- (Rs.12,500/- + Rs. 5000/- (Non refundable administrative fee)) for SC/ST categories.
- The candidate can exercise two options:
- candidate can FREEZE the seat (they will be allotted to the IISER shown in the offer. They will not participate in further rounds of counselling),
- candidate can FLOAT (they will participate in further rounds of counselling to get their higher preferences).
- VERY IMPORTANT: The candidate MUST take action on their choices every single round (ie choose FREEZE/FLOAT every single round). They MUST confirm in every round if they want to FLOAT or FREEZE. If a candidate DOES NOT TAKE ACTION (ie choose FLOAT/FREEZE) in a given round, they will NOT be able to participate in subsequent rounds of counselling. Their candidature will be considered as having been WITHDRAWN. They will be eliminated from the counselling process and will not be able to get back into the counselling process.
- A student who has chosen to FLOAT will be again considered for seat allocation in the next round. If they are eligible to secure a seat in an IISER that is higher in their preference list than the currently accepted one, they will be offered that seat. PLEASE NOTE: Upon excersing the float option, if a candidate is offered a seat in an IISER of thier higher preference, the seat previously alloted stands cancelled.
- If seats in preferred IISERs are filled, then candidate will not be considered in further rounds of counselling. For example, if a candidate had given only two preferences as IISER-X and IISER-Y, and if the seats in these IISERs are filled, then the candidate will not be considered for seat allocation anymore. This process happens even if the student has not been allocated any seat in previous counselling rounds.
- Admission offers given are provisional. They will be confirmed only after the candidates report at the IISER where they have secured admission and provide all the required documents in original.
- Requests for extension of date or time for seat acceptance will not be entertained under any circumstances. Published deadlines will be strictly followed.
- All the announcements related to the admission process will appear on this website. Candidates must follow this website for any updates.